Monday, January 12, 2009

Closer than it may appear


As I sit here and write my next article for the paper, the show Intervention is playing on the television. Not normally a show I shed a tear for, this particular episode caught my eye.

Phillip is an alcoholic whose family is witnessing his demise. During a family gathering at his sister's house, she starts to play the guitar and sing a song she wrote. It was an emotional song specifically applicable to the situation and I'm not going to lie, it made me cry.

As I'm wiping tears from my cheeks, I text my sister and say "Wow. Intervention. [insert crying smiley emoticon]"

She replies: I'm ALSO watching. And crying.

Two sisters, thousands of miles apart, watching the same television show and crying to the same song.

Creepy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong that, on episodes of that show - the ones where the people have stupid addictions to things like video games - that I openly root for them to fail?

Who is that addicted to fucking Halo and Call of Duty anyway?

Losers.