Sunday, August 3, 2008

More golf

Lots of golf played this past week, and this weekend. Tuesday was ladies night and then I played in a tournament on Friday. We captured second overall in the best ball tournament (with little to no contribution from yours truly), so we each came home with a Taylor Made hybrid 3 iron. You have to love these company tournaments.

Yesterday it poured all day long, so there was no chance to get out for the 10 a.m. round we had scheduled. Today I played with Kristen and her boyfriend Mike. The rain held off, save for a small shower here and there, and it turned out to be a pretty nice day on the course. It was not so nice on the score card, though.

I continue to pursue my goal of breaking 100 by the season's end. I did shoot 50 on nine holes on Tuesday, but still can't break the barrier. I'm going for sub-50 on nine and sub-100 on 18 this year. Today's round: 107. Yuck! The good news is that my driver seems to be working again.

I have nothing else exciting to report, but I do want to send along my sincere congratulations to Christine Hiebert and Asa Leishman who tied the knot yesterday at their home in Lumby. I miss you guys and can't wait to see the photos. I so wish I could have been there and hope you guys enjoy every happiness you deserve in the years to come.

Lanette

No comments: