Monday, July 28, 2008

The links

This weekend was fantastic. You just can't beat two hot, sunny days on the golf course.

Saturday I played in the Girls Inc. fundraising tournament with some other girls from work. We had a great time, even if we did come in dead last. We could hardly believe we came last since two of us golf semi-regularly, but we got great prizes because of it. Plus, our raffle tickets paid off. I ended up leaving with a jacket (compliments of last place), gift certificates to The Keg and The Fish Place, a flash light, small clock, mug, balls, etc. etc. But who's really counting? It was all for a good cause :)

Sunday was the Employee Recreation Association golf tournament at the much nicer Fort McMurray Golf Club. It was my first time playing the course, but let me tell you, it's definitely worth the extra $12 to play there as opposed to Macdonald Island. The day was long, hot and humid, but it was fun nonetheless. Our team finished the day at -3, which was pretty good. Unfortunately, I had to leave as soon as the prize-giving started because I'd completely forgotten that I had a ball game at 8 p.m., so I'm not sure where we finished, but most of the teams we talked to were either -1 or even. I think the winning team was -7 or -9 or something like that.

So, back to baseball. Forgetting about the game meant I had to travel straight from the golf course to the ball diamond. Of course I only had my cleats glove in my ball bag in the vehicle so there I was, standing on third base, in my golf skirt. Nice, Lanette. Nice.

This week we're golfing another ladies night at Mac Island (last week I won a great pull over....so I'm looking forward to the prizes.haha). Ladies night is fun - $20 for the round of nine holes, $5 each for a cart, and you're set.

It's so nice to be hitting the links again. I'm trying to get in all the rounds I can before winter hits at the end of next month.

Post a comment and let me know what you're up to. Or, e-mail me at lanettel@telus.net. I miss you all.

Bisou Bisou,

Lanette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time.
I am sure the baseball team got a giggle out of your golf skirt. LOL
Mom