Monday, August 11, 2008

The Ft. McMurray IQ

Here's a snippet from a conversation I overheard on the bus this morning:

This guy was talking on his cell phone so obviously I only have one side of the convo:

Guy (talking about the person on the phone buying him something): I need a new watch.

- "Yeah I want to put it in my hard hat, so just something cheap"

- "I like digital, hey?"

- "I don't want to have to figure out what those hands say.....okay, this one's at the six, this one's at the 'thirty'---two. Okay, it's 6:32."

- "I just want to look at it and know, okay, it's 6:32"

The best part was that this guy was dead serious.

As I nearly laughed out loud, I reached for my BlackBerry so I could record this priceless demonstration of intelligence.

I thought we learned to tell time in grade two.

Welcome to Fort McMurray, everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelsey will fit right in.

Anonymous said...

I CAN TELL TIME!