Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Time Traveler's Wife

Today's post is only a little bit about Fort McMurray, and a lot about the latest book I have just finished. It's called The Time Traveler's Wife and it is one of the most stunning books I have ever read.

This book, while lengthy and a little confusing to first get into, was a page turner once you hit about a quarter or a third of the way through. Today I am sad that it's over. It was the kind of book you just wanted to keep reading - one that you hoped would never end. And, one that shouldn't end when you're sitting on a bus en route to work with about 50 other people. I couldn't read the last pages because I would not let myself start crying on the bus - haha. Instead, I just sat there with tear drops teetering on the ends of my eye lashes, staring at the bus's roof.

One of the girls I work with didn't like the book, but she's the first bad review I've come across. This book touches all your senses and is a must read for any love story enthusiast.

I miss it already.

Speaking of missing, I'm still missin the people at home, but I'm so excited because tomorrow morning I'm heading to Calgary for work. I have meetings on Wednesday and Thursday and then, because Friday is a Personal Time Off (PTO) day, I get to enjoy the entire weekend in Calgary. This means I get to have dinner and a sleepover with Erin tomorrow night and then stay with Brodie on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. yay!

In other news, I went to look at the condo we're thinking of buying (http://www.liveateagleridge.ca/). It's nice, but god I'm going to hate that $400,000 mortgage...

Anyhow, hope all is well in your worlds.

Miss you.

PS - oh sweet Lord! I just looked up this book online and it turns out they have made it a movie. It'll be out in December and Rachel McAdams is playing Clare Abshire. She is perfect. It will be perfect. See you at the theatre on December 25!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The link you posted just takes you to the general site. Which condo complex and unit are you looking at?
Mom