Sunday, April 27, 2008

Good news!

I have excellent news to report: we have received, negotiated and accepted an offer on our condo - after only 7 days on the market!

Yes, a lawyer and his fiancee from Alberta will soon be the proud owners of unit #209, so long as no unforeseen obstacles get in the way. While we accepted the bare minimum of what we were willing to accept, having the peace of mind knowing the condo is done and our student loans are gone, will all be worth it. The best part is that the new people take possession on May 15 as long as all the subjects are removed by May 7.

It's a little bittersweet though. It was our first home together. So many memories have been made at that little red condo on Allenby Way....I bought it without Brodie knowing, we got our first puppy there, we had our first "go" at renovations and updates there, we purchased our first major appliances, we dealt with our first leaky hot water tank and cranky neighbours, and we made it our own together.

I'm glad I've already said goodbye to the place because I'd probably cry just as much as I did the night before I left to come up there, although I'm thinking I may have to make a trip back when the movers are there doing their thing....just to make sure it all goes smoothly.

In other news, I've purchased a membership to the YMCA and actually had a chance to go out driving around the town today (in the sun!). Next on the list of things to do is check out the condo complex where I'm thinking of buying and purchasing a vehicle. Simple-dee-dimple? I think not.

Miss you all so much.

Hugs.

L


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Congrats on selling the condo, I knew it wouldn't take long.

Maybe you should buy one of those little black G6 cars for yourself ;)???? Miss you too! oxo

Anonymous said...

Way to go.