Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New peeps

I finally had a chance to venture out of the condo tonight (for the second night in a row even!)...Kristen got a call from a girl named Jill at work today who was asking if Kristen played volleyball. She didn't, but she asked me if I was interested in playing and since I need to take all the opportunities I can to interact with some people my own age, I said yes.

Even though I got lost on the way to the YMCA, I made it in time and met six new people. I will likely see very little of them from here on in, but that's okay - at least I interacted with some other forms of human life.

Work today was good. It was just an introduction day so I spent most of it reading and learning about the projects I"d be working on. It turns out I'm a communications advisor whose biggest client is a group called "Site Wide Services". There are some really challenging communications opportunities with the group and I'll be responsible for implementing a section of the communications strategy that's already been created. I'll know more details about the actual work next week. So far, so good though.

I don't really have any other exciting news to report. The water pressure is still terrible, but that's my only complaint....except of course I miss everyone at home! On a good note, my mummy booked a plane ticket to come up on May long weekend, so I'm super excited about that. I'm not quite sure what we're going to do, but I'll figure it out before then!

Adios!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom never comes to see me! :(

Miss Money Pants said...

Haha...you don't live in Fort McMurray.

Also, mom took the comment about the people I played volleyball with in the wrong way. What I meant was that there are so many people here, and so many at Suncor, that I literally will probably not see them very often...I had fun playing with them, so I didn't mean it in a bad way at all :)

Anonymous said...

Boohoo! If you move a long ways away, I promise I will come visit.
And besides, I have visited you, don't you remember Thanks Giving.

Anonymous said...

Hi cutie! Glad you are getting to know some new peeps. Work is not the same without you and the candy store misses you (there's even some red candies left) :-)