Monday, April 21, 2008

Stuck

Both literally and figuratively.

That's right. As of today I bet we've received about 30 cm of snow since Sunday morning and the -17 temperatures (with wind chill...and windy and chilly it is), are the icing on the cake.

It is frigging freezing here, the roads are terrible and I got stuck twice outside of my condo complex. Two entrances to the complex, two stucks.

THe first time, a newfie and his girlfriend got out to help me and Patricia (a lady who works in communications and who gave me a drive from the site today so I could pick up my rental vehicle). Well, that wasn't enough so about five minutes later a jeep full of guys pulled over and had to push me out on to the road. Ah yes, mission accomplished. So, I drove around the corner and tried to go into the second entrance to the condo complex. Well, I got in, but that was as far as I got. I then got stuck for a second time. This time, a friendly fella came out of the complex and helped. We needed one more guy to finally push me out, though. THis is so brutal.

I said to Patricia: I wanna go home!!!

I don't, but this is bloody ridiculous. I mean, I do, but I don't. You get the drift (pardon the pun!!).

Anyways, as I sit here on the couch looking out my window, I see a bunch of snow on the ground and a bunch of snow still falling from the sky. When is it going to end?

So, to those of you who have said "Fort McMurray isn't so bad": you should really try April in the spring.

Miss you all.

L

PS - today's brightest spot came when I picked up my rental vehicle: a shiny black Pontiac G6. It's pretty! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"(A lady who works in communications and who gave me a DRIVE from the site today....)" Are you actually talking like this now, or was that intentional?!?! C'mon Lanette.

Miss you too.

Sniper747 said...

Wow sounds fun. Well I miss you alot and wish I was there with ya. Miss you lots and love you tons.

Miss Money Pants said...

Oh my goodness. That was not intentional at all. Weird!!!

Sheila said...

I'm starting to worry. You used an overabundance of punctuation!!!

Hang in there - it will get better.