Sunday, April 20, 2008

Day two...hot water and groceries

Well it's Sunday and I've run into a few minor snags since arriving, but nothing that can't be fixed.

My internet wasn't working properly until just recently, I can't access the voicemail on the telephone because the last tenants changed the password, and...most importantly, I have no hot water in the showers. I've got hot water in all the sinks, but nada in the shower. That means I"ll be looking super hot for my first day of work tomorrow. Ugh!

The weather is still crappy, but I figure it's just the Fort McMurray Welcome Wagon doing its thing.

...............................


Okay, I have now just returned from grocery shopping (hence the dots) and am absolutely ecstatic to report that the prices are exactly the same at home!! A loaf of bread - $4.49 (okay, I buy the expensive stuff....but that's what it costs me at home). Individual yogurts - $. 41 cents a piece if you buy 12. Bagged broccoli florets - $1.98. Milk - $3.58 a gallon. YAY!

Before I made the trek up here, someone told me "someone they know" said it cost $17 for a loaf of bread! As you can imagine, I was a bit apprehensive when I entered the SuperStore today. But, to my delight, the prices were good and the produce was decent. Sure, there were somethings I wouldn't have eaten, but all of the things I needed, looked good.

Just thought I'd throw out another update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep 'em coming!