Saturday, April 19, 2008

Moving Day

I wrote this in the Calgary airport and just as I went to post, my one hour of internet ran out. I've now made it to Fort McMurray and am living in a great condo....more on part three later. For now, here's part two:

Today is the big day and so far it hasn't been all that pleasant...although I guess that's to be expected. Here's what's happened so far:

Crying. Driving. Paying. Snowing. Waiting.

Crying when I said goodbye to my mom and dad at about 10 o'clock last night...when I said goodbye to my bed...my shower...my dog...my house...my Brodie. Whew, just typing that made my tear up.

Driving in crappy roads to the Kelowna airport. We woke up to three inches of snow - a fitting send off I say. As Brodie says, it's Jesus's way of saying: What the hell are you thinking?!!!

Paying $131.25 to flippin' Air Canada because they obviously have no compassion for a crying 26-year-old. Yes, that is what it cost me to take an extra bag to Fort McMurray. And that was before the agent even put it on the scale. Jerk.

Snowing here in Calgary. It's -11, blustery and definitely not spring. Well, it's springtime weather for Calgary, but not for me.

And finally, waiting. I'm not sure why there's a four hour layover to get from Kelowna to Fort McMurray via Calgary, but that's the way it goes. I had a yummy breakfast at Montana's when I got here, but since then, I've just been waiting, waiting, waiting.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$130!!!??? Yikes! Hopefully all is well in Fort Mac, and you're hot water is working properly. Loves!