Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I wonder about $

Sometimes I think that if I didn't find my way into the communications field, I would have become a financial planner. I'm not sure what would have had to happen to make my brain go that way in high school, but it only took one thing in my 20s to catch my attention.

The book by David Bach, Smart Women Finish Rich, not only changed the way I thought about money but also the way I thought about my life...when I wanted to retire, where I wanted to spend my money and how my personal values related to cold, hard cash.

Since then, I have made budgets, organized accounts and started saving for retirement.

Today I'm trying to figure out if I'm saving too much or too little (although anything more than $0 is better than nothing) and trying to decide if I should rebalance my money habits.

Hopefully I can find a financial advisor to help answer that question!

Wish me luck.

Ps, I'd write more, but I'm blogging from my phone and it's about to die :(

No comments: