Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fun times in Calgary

Usually when I'm in Calgary my time is spent at home or running errands around town and at the mall (hah!), but this time I added something new to the mix: an evening of UFC fights and karaoke.


Last Saturday Brody's boss's wife and a couple of his kids were hanging out at a pub in NE Calgary and we decided to head out to meet them there.

A few hours and a couple drinks later, we were laughing and having a grand old time. The fights were good (I even watched this time...even if my eyes were closed during a few crazy punch sequences), but the karaoke and company were fantastic.

Jocelyn is a talented little lady with a voice that just makes you stop and stare. Check out her latest song now: The Thought of You. Creepily, I have listened to it about 10 times today and I'm not getting bored of it.

Her brother, who works with Brody, is also an absolute hilarity,and not a bad karaoke-er. My abs and cheeks got a full workout that night.

Their step mom is also hilarious and crazy at the same time. After several hours, numerous shots and a lot of laughs, we were snapping BlackBerry photos as she reminisced about introducing Brody to her husband.

It was nice definitely nice to meet some new people in this big old city, that's for sure.
Tomorrow we're off to Phoenix for some golf and hot weather. Adios!

PS - go and check out Jocelyn's music right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog on 20sb, I actually live in Fort McMurray, too!
I love Calgary, I've only been there twice but my fiance and I are dying to get back down there for a visit.

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn is amazing! Everyone go and listen to her.