Friday, March 26, 2010

Day off leads to amazing discovery

I've spent today hanging around the house while Brody works his buns off at Showcase. About 30 minutes ago I made a fantastic discovery in the depths of my hope chest: three diaries...circa 1991 and forward.

For your reading pleasure, I will post some of the nonsense I've discovered. I'm throwing humility to the wind in hopes you will get a good chuckle out of these. All spelling and grammatical errors have been retained for additional humour.



The opening page of Diary numero uno (my first ever) reads: This Diary Belongs to Lanette Marie Lundquist and will go to my oldest great granchild when I die.

Entry 1:

Month: November
Date: 6/91
Weather: Cloudy

Dear Diary,

My name is Lanette Lundquist. I just got this diary today so it's pretty nice having and knowing you have something to write and keep your thoughts in without your little sister, or brother getting into them.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brother?? who the hell were you writing for and what dreamland were you living in? Clearly Mom and Dad weren't having any more babies. You can't top perfection so they stopped with me.

Cassie said...

hahaha that's so cute and hilarious. I think my favorite part is that your diary is going to oldest great grandchild.

bookmanie said...

How to follow your blog?