Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Racking up the air miles

It seems like I've spent more of my time in airplanes and airports lately than I have at home or at work. At the end of August I flew to and from PEI with Brodie. Then, I spent a few days in Calgary before flying home to Fort McMurray. Three days later I was off to B.C. for a long awaited golf trip with some of my former co-workers and then I was back on a plane to Fort McMurray on Monday.

The last few weeks have been great, though. We saw lots of Brodie's family in PEI and spent lots of time playing cards, which I loved. The return to Calgary was less than fantastic since I had to spend the entire weekend moving Brodie from his place in the S.W. to his new rental place in the N.W. BUT, something great did come out of my time in Calgary: a new house! Brodie and I purchased a nice 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom house in NW Calgary (close to Brodie's work and close to the new c-train station that should be operational by the end of the year). We fell in love with it and after seeing several less-than-stellar homes, we were ready to make an offer. We spent some time negotiating back and forth last Monday, but finally secured the house for a price we were happy with. Apparently it was a different story for the sellers. I guess they weren't too impressed with their realtor.

Anyhow, just a few days later, it was time for my trip back home to B.C. Our golf trip to the sunny south Okanagan was amazing. We couldn't have ordered weather like we had if we'd special-ordered it. The sun was shining and the clouds were non-existent. We played nine holes on Friday morning, 36 on Saturday and 18 on Sunday. Judy and I were the only ones to play 36, but with a course as beautiful as Nk'mip and the weather like it was, neither of us could pass up the opportunity.

Now, I'm back in FOrt McMurray and adjusting to life with my sis. So far, so good. Because she's unemployed, it's like having a maid. Supper is cooked when I get home and the house is in great shape. I wish I could pay her to stay unemployed. Unfortunately, I can't meet her demands.

Well, it's past my bedtime, so I better hit the sack. We've purchased Kelsey an air bed (the ULTIMATE air bed), so we are no longer drawing a line down the middle of my bed.

Ciao bellas.

Lanette

No comments: