Friday, January 22, 2010

A favourite place

The gurgling noise coming from the espresso machine, the scents of coffee beans and fresh paper swirling together like a little piece of heaven, and the tidy, lined shelves of notepads, journals and home decor items make Chapters/Indigo one of my favourite places on earth.

Even if I have no intention of buying anything, I can spend hours in the store looking through all stuff, both pretty and practical. I'm a sucker for sophisticated note cards, eye-catching leather-bound journals and shimmery, feminine photo frames.


Today I wandered in, ordered my grande skinny london fog and just strolled through the store, once, twice, probably three times and each time I found something new that caught my eye.

Not only do I admire the store for the items I want for myself, but I can find gifts in that store for almost every important person in my life. Today I wanted to buy wedding planners for newly-engaged friends, baby journals for those pregnant with their first children and pretty, scented candles as a "just because" present for my little sis (sorry, Kels, I left them on the shelf...but it's the thought that counts, right? :S)

Anyhow, if you've never taken the time to appreciate a bookstore in all its splendor, the next time you drive by that big Indigo sign, swing in, grab a cup of joe and float through the aisles taking it all in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, it's definitely the thought that counts...

You better have more than "thought" of buying me new earbuds!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Miss Money Pants said...

Anonymous - who the heck are you? I don't know, but I like you! :)