Thursday, February 12, 2009

The big reveal

Yesterday's trivia post garnered some great guesses. Some were right, some were not as right.

Today I reveal the answers:

1. I think we're alone now - Tiffany
2. Hit me with your best shot - Pat Benetar
3. Tained Love - Depeche Mode
4. Papparazzi - Lady Gaga
5. Get up (before the night is over) - Globeal DeeJays (okay, it was a remix...)
6. Love Lockdown - Kanye West
7. Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers
8. Gravity - John Mayer
9. That's All - Doc Walker (although if someone's guess is right, this is a cover version)
10. When I grow up - Pussycat Dolls
11. Have a little faith in me - John Hiatt
12. 5:15 a.m. - Mark Knopfler
13. Make you a believer - Sass Jordan
14. Candy Store - Hyper Crush (this was a trick question!)
15. Thank you for loving me - Bon Jovi
16. Turn the page - Metallica (again, Nick tells me this is a cover of Bob Seger's song)
17. It's in his kiss - Betty Everett
18. My give a damn's busted - Jo Dee Messina
19. Give me just a little more time - Chairmen of the Board
20. I melt - Rascall Flatts
21. Sober - Pink
22. Fool-hearted man - Jo Dee Messina
23. Broken Hearts Parade - Good Charlotte
24. My Best Friend - Tim McGraw
25. So Says I - The Shins

There you have it ladies and gents. I will draw from Nick's sentiments once again: there are some good songs up there. Download 'em.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle J-Rock...walking music dictionary...

#1 was originally done by Tommy James and the Shondells...same group that originally did Mony, Mony (covered by Billy Idol...you know the one...hey motherf*cker, get laid, get f*cked)...and Crimson and Clover (covered by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts)

#3..Depeche Mode did NOT record Tainted Love...it was definitely Soft Cell

#9 was originally done by Phil Collins

#16 was originally done by Bob Seger

#17 is actually called The Shoop Shoop Song (it's in his kiss)..

Miss Money Pants said...

Well, thank you for the info. Unfortunately, your information does not coincide with mine, so therefore you are wrong. Haha. just kidding. Good work, Unc.