Friday, January 30, 2009

I come by it honestly

Brodie frequently calls me a news bag because I am always curious when it comes to things like fires, or accidents or things like that. I always want to knowwhats going on.

Tonight I understand why I am the way I am. My dad is a volunteer firefighter (that's right, he could beat your dad up any day), and at 7:51 pm his pager went off, notifying him that there was a structure fire at a certain address along Mabel Lake road. So, as Dad rushes out the door, Mom hops up and grabs the phone book.

Me: "What are you doing?
Mom: I'm going to find out where the fire is.

Good thing I come from a small town....
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh mother......

Anonymous said...

And yes, my Dad really could beat up your Dad.

Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight... without knowing the last name of the home occupant, or name of the business located in said structure, your mom went through the phonebook page by page by page until she found the correct address?

I don't even have a joke to make here, or snide remark to give. I just can't quite believe somebody would go to those lengths. I mean, I'm a journalist - somebody paid to find out information and report it - and this would be the extent of my inquiry...

Person with pager: There's a fire!
Me: Is it our house?
Person with pager: No.
Me: Ok then.

It's amazing I'm any good at my job.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Anonymous.

You've given us all a lot to think about.