Monday, December 8, 2008

Writer's block

Sometimes I want to blog, but the words just don't come. Unfortunately, I can't use the excuse that I "write for a living" because Meghan and Nick keep their blogs alive and well and both of them are trained journalists.

I also want to write about interesting new topics, but I have come to realize that the monotony of daily life is much easier for a few reasons: 1. My family reads this thing. 2. My co-workers may read this thing. 3. I am a libra and find it difficult to have a strong opinion about anything.

I've heard the quote 'If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything', but I don't necessarily think that applies to me. I do have beliefs, but they are the kind of beliefs that aren't steadfast. I can always see the other side, I always believe there are exceptions.

Take these as a sample:

Capital punishment? It has its place...if you can prove without a doubt you have the right person.
Abortion? Tough one. When I was 15, and 16 and 17, and 18...I was like "no way, no abortions".....buuuuut, then things change. Again, I think they have their place, but not as birth control.
Euthenasia? Agree. This one I'm not as "iffy" on.
Politics? Well, I'm kind of a barely left of centre kinda gal...

Even though I may not have "stab your eyes out if you disagree" opinions about things, I am still reasonably educated enough to banter back and forth on any one of the above if I had to.

And, for those of you who read this thing, that's not a challenge, so eff off.

This may be the first time I've ever had a blog post about something other than daily life.

Yay me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Writing doesn't come naturally to me either. Keep writing,your blog is interesting and has great pics :)