Wednesday, December 24, 2008

So this is Christmas

Delayed flights, terrible weather and dangerous driving conditions aside, Christmas remains my favourite holiday.

At 27, I still love presents, but the time I spend with my family brings far more happiness than any gift ever could. I know some people dread spending time exorbinant amounts of time with their families, but not me! We can all relate to those moments where we want to strangle someone close to us, and I'm not denying those exist in the Lundquist-Valihora family circles, but for the most part, we all get along.

This year, Mom, Dad and Kelsey made the trek to Calgary to spend the holiday with me and Brody in our new home. With three dogs (Atlas, Rocky and Barkley), and seven adults in one house, chaos is sure to ensue, but I just thank the sweet lord no kids are running around! Could you imagine?

With Brody being a slave to the retail world, I'm glad to have my family to keep me occupied over the next little while.

Tonight we'll open our obligatory Christmas pyjamas from Mom, leave the cookies and milk for Santa and wait for the sugarplum fairies to arrive. Then, like a four-year-old, I'll wake everyone up at around 7 a.m. My sister particularly likes being jarred awake by moi...especially when I make her get out of bed and then sit and wait to open her stocking. I don't allow a single gift to be opened until we're all gathered around the living room, the prepared-in-advance breakfast in the oven, coffees (or Bailey's hot chocolates) in hand.

My aunt and uncle in Didsbury have invited us out for Christmas dinner, so we'll head out there for the afternoon and spend the night. Unfortunately, Brody will have to drive back to Calgary since he's expected to be at work at around 3:45 A.M. Aaah....the joys of the electronics retail world.

All in all, it is sure to be a memorable Christmas season.

I hope the time you spend with your family is happy, healthy, and full of laughter.

All the best for a Merry Christmas a very happy new year.

Lanette

5 comments:

erintancock said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas to me! Enjoy your first of many in your new house Lanette :)
Merry Christmas
Erin

Anonymous said...

Merry Ho Ho! I better have a Macbook under that tree somewhere.

Unknown said...

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas in your lovely new home :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too! And if you thought you had a busy house, there were about 17 people at my parents house tonight, including a 10-year-old, 7-year-old and a 2-year-old. Needless to say, I got pretty hammered to deal with the commotion. I had no other choice, really.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas in your new home Lanette! All the best to you and Brody in 2009.

Love Jill Jeffcott