Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekends...

The last two weekends have been fun for me, but not so fun for my poor liver. My liver, during its 27 year life span, has rarely been put to the test. And I like it that way. Unfortunately, since my sister's arrival in September, putting this vital organ through all kinds of demanding agility tests has become somewhat of a regular occurrence. Well, at least for the last two weekends.

Last Saturday we hosted a CFL Western Division Final party. With two other invitees. It got ugly. The game started at 2:30 and at 6:11 p.m. Kelsey and Mike found themselves in the liquor store purchasing some more entertainment juice.

Yesterday I thought we'd have a few people over for dinner (pork tenderloin, roasted carrots, cauliflower, dinner rolls, salad and crab cakes, in case you were curious), so Kristen, Mike, Jesse and Dan came over at 7. Dinner turned into Drink Fest.

Using the amount of time I've spent on this couch today as my only point of reference, I seriously advise against drinking a mudslide conconction, two glasses of red wine and then vodka & OJs. Leg wrestling competitions, an unfinished game of Scene It, bathtub naps and kinder surprises are only some of last night's memories. The others are stowed away in some foggy area of my brain.

Well, it's been awhile since I've blogged an actual update, so I thought I'd toss this one out there.

Miss you all. xo

PS - We learned yesterday that we will soon be homeless, so if anyone knows someone who's looking for two fantastic sisters to be their roommates, please pass along our names.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why will you be homeless? :-(

Anonymous said...

Put an ad in the Fort Mac paper: "Two fantastic sisters need place to stay."

Somehow I think you might get a few responses up there.

Anonymous said...

We also had potatoes!

Unknown said...

Livers are lazy and need to be exercised regularly with alcohol cleanses. True story.