Monday, October 13, 2008

A fantastic weekend

Good friends, good family and good times - that's how I'd describe this past weekend.

Brodie flew up from Calgary on Friday at 6 o'clock. Kels and I picked him up and we all decided we' d have a low-key night. We picked up "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", made a healthy dinner of extra lean turkey meat balls, broccoli and whole wheat rolls and just lounged around for the evening.

Saturday was my birthday, and anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE birthdays (not just myown, either...). I love unwrapping gifts, I love surprises, and I love sharing them with people who are close to me. Yup, birthdays were made for people like me.

Clothes, books and some cash (along with the Little Mermaid DVD) made their way into my life this year. While these were great, the best part of my birthday was having Brodie and Kelsey here with me. The three of us have played squash together, cooked a couple of meals (including some of the side dishes for last night's Thanksgiving dinner), and just hung out. Saturday we planned to have dinner with my friends Kristen, Mike and Jesse. The lounge at Earl's was the meeting place and after dropping a pretty penny on several drinks and a delicious meal, we decided to head back to Chez Lundquist for a little game Kelsey introduced us to: Bullshit Pyramid. Well, it got pretty messy, but it was also pretty hilarious. There are several photos from this grand night, and I'm sure they'll make their way to Facebook or Kelsey's blog soon.

Of course, yesterday was Thanksgiving and Kristen and Mike were gracious enough to invite us, and three others, over for dinner. Mike cooked up a delicious butterball and sweet potatoe pie, Kristen made their home look beautiful with tiger lillies and gourds, and Kels and I provided apple crips, garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and cheese sauce. It was delicious and helped us forget that we weren't with the rest of our family on what is normally a grand occasion in the Lundquist/Valihora clans.

Today we're playing squash at 11:30 and then not sure what else the three of us will do.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with good food, good friends and good times.

No comments: