Saturday, July 12, 2008

A few advantages

While it is terrible being away from the people you love the most, there are a few (though very few) advantages. Here are three:

1. I get to watch whatever movie I want. Over the last couple of months, my selections have included P.S. I Love You, Juno, and tonight's feature: Brokeback Mountain.

2. No one cares if I fall asleep in the beginning, middle or end of the aforementioned films.

3. I can leave the dishes piling up in the sink and I'm the only one I can get angry with.

Of course, none of these compare with being able to share your time with others, but they are small things that help me get through the long days by myself!

This week at work was really crazy, so I'm enjoying the weekend. I was up super early this morning and at the gym by 7:05. I came home, washed my piled-up dishes, vacuumed the floor, tidied the bathroom and got dressed. Then, I decided I hadn't seen Ron and Terri in a while, so I called them and took Subway over for lunch. We had a nice visit before I decided to hit up the buzzing, but not-so-big, Peter Pond Shopping Centre. To my delight, La Senza was having a big sale. Perfect timing, since I've been needing some new skivvies. So, three bras, five pairs of undies, a super-cute sleep tank/nighty, and $74 later, I was on my way home. A pretty nice haul if you ask me!

Dinner consisted of five sauteed scallops, whole wheat fusilli, six cherry tomatoes and a sprinkling of three-cheese blend - deeelicious.

Now I find myself on the couch (after a little bit of online poker-playing) and ready to dive into Brokeback Mountain. I can't believe I haven't seen this movie yet.

Tomorrow I have to head into work in the early a.m. (think 6:30), make strawberry banana trifle, and then head to Kristen and Mike's for what is expected to be a lovely dinner. Because Dan and Julia are also coming, I get to play wheel #5. Oh well.....I'm over it.

I hope you are all having, or had, a fantastic weekend.

Bisou Bisou!

Lanette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for all of those things. As much as it sucks not living with Scott right now, the day or two that I have off in between him staying over, are pretty rad. I don't feel pressured to have everything cleaned up right away, and I've watched some awesome girl movies. Now you won't need to ask why I own the complete DVD set of Bring It On, 1 to 4.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I like the new look!